Tuesday 18 March 2014

Top Ten Books On My Autumn TBR List

It's that time again - time to make a list of books I want to read in the coming months that I will probably actually get to in about two years.



1. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Soo many people have absolutely loved this book, so I have high hopes I'll enjoy it.

2. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I adore this book, and I haven't read it in years, so getting the audiobook recently I'm keen to revisit it.

3. Take Me On by Katie McGarry. This is the latest in the Pushing the Limits series and it comes out in May, I'm really looking forward to it.

4. Bird by Crystal Chan. This book sounds so great, and Mands from The Bookish Manicurist was kind enough to lend me her copy, so I'll definitely be reading it soon.

5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner. The movie trailer was released today and it looks great, which makes me really want to read the book.

6. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs. I loved the first book and was so annoyed to wait so long for the second, yet I still haven't read it.

7. The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas. I am completely addicted to Veronica Mars right now.

8. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I started listening to this on audio, but I just wasn't getting into it, despite it being really good. So I put it on hold until I'm in the right mood.

9. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I have been wanting to read Rainbow Rowell FOREVER. Well, at least since I first heard about her and her fantastic writing.

10. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I'd really like to reread this series just to make sure it's as good as I remember (after watching the awfulness that is the movie). Hopefully it lives up to the memory!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see Eleanor and Park on your list!! I am sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We Were Liars" - overrated, but still good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Code Name Verity featured on my list, and I have Fangirl on there instead of Eleanor & Park, but that's definitely on my TBR list in general - I adored Attachments and I'm sure Rowell won't disappoint :) I've also got high hopes after hearing such praise for We Were Liars, and Vampire Academy is also on my neverending TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun reading Eleanor and Park (haven't read that book myself but i love Rainbow Rowell's other books!) and re-visiting North and South :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Maze Runner is pretty good as it is a bit different from the majority of YA books. :) I was really happy that they casted Dylan O'Brien as the main character - he is perfect for Thomas's character! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved Vampire Academy too...and I've never read Maze Runner...I probably should before the movie :)

    Here's mine this week: Sarah Darlington's Spring TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many good ones, I really need to read The Vampire Academy books!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to so many on your list! I want to re-read VA with you. I hope you do go back to CNV, maybe trying the book rather than the audio? But it does take some time to get into. Also, maybe wait a while seeing as you just read TFiOS! I hope you LOVE We Were Liars and Bird, both are excellent. And I need to see this Maze Runner trailer and then read the book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to Eleanor and Park!! I'm so excited to read this book that everyone raves about. And I was actually considering rereading Vampire Academy! I haven't seen the movie, but I want a reminder as to why I loved the series so much.

    My TTT
    - Tabitha @ Tabitha's Book Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started Code Name Verity as well, and actually put it down. I wasn't that interested and I was getting a bit bored. Maybe I'll try again sometime. Good list here, looking forward to hearing what you think of the Maze Runner.

    ReplyDelete