1. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. Matthew gets me every time.
2. Wildlife by Fiona Wood. I had to put this book down seven pages in, I was so upset.
3. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I sobbed for a good half an hour after finishing this book.
4. On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. I can't even talk about it.
5. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. This book still haunts me.
6. The Reluctant Hallelujah by Gabrielle Williams. The ending kind of blindsided me, in the best way possible.
7. Checkers by John Marsden. This is the first book I remember crying over, and it still makes me cry today.
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Anyone who doesn't shed a tear for Beth clearly doesn't have a heart.
9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The characters in this book burrow into your heart... and tear it apart.
10. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. So much sadness in this book, but Teddy in particular is a punch in the gut.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish