Tuesday 7 May 2013

Top Ten Light And Fun Books


1. Adorkable by Sarra Manning. I read this recently and it's the first book in a long time that has made me really smile.

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. What I now measure all teen love stories against. It's awesome.

3. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding. I've never laughed so much at a book as I did with this one.

4. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. OK, so it's not completely light, dealing with some pretty serious subject matter, but overall its such a lovely ride filled with fun and adorable moments.

5. Preloved by Shirley Marr. It's a ghostly love story with a heavy '80s influence. Yes, it's as awesome as it sounds.

6. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. A fun premise set at the most magical time of year (Christmas!) in one of the greatest cities in the world (NYC, natch).

7. Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst. The antidote to wangsty vampire novels, it features a kick-butt heroine and a hero who sparkles. Guess who's the vampire in that situation (spoiler: it's not the dude).

8. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. It's cheesy and melodramatic but just so incredibly fun.

9. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I didn't love it as much as Anna, but Perkins sure has a knack for contemporary YA.

10. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. There's a surprising amount of depth to this novel, but it's still full of glossy, hilarious fun.

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

28 comments:

  1. Fab! I love the pic too. I see many I've been meaning to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noted so many of these books, because I am in such a light and fun book mood at the moment.

    And Anna and the French Kiss is so much fun! So glad I decided to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked it! I hope you like some of the others!

      Delete
  3. Oooo the Stephanie Perkins books! Forgot about those. And YES to Dash & Lily!!! Such a fun Christmas-time book :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just adore Perkins. Can't wait for Isla and the Happily Ever After.

      Delete
  4. Yes to Preloved and Beauty Queens! And I MUST read Adorkable, STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww yeah Anna <3 must read Lola at one point haha.

    I still need to read Amy & Rodger! I have it on my shelf :D

    Perfect Chemistry was quite enjoyable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love Amy & Roger. Lola is good but not as amazing as Anna.

      Delete
  6. A lovely list. Bridget Jones is a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect Chemistry is one of my favorites! Great list!

    Check out my list! --> TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the whole series, though the first is my fave!

      Delete
  8. I love your list! I didn't put any of Simone Elkeles titles on there because the melodrama actually speaks to me, but I love that it's up there for a ton of people! And YES to LOLA :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola makes me want to live in San Fran ;)

      Delete
  9. I almost put Dash & Lily on my list!! Amy & Roger looks cute and I love roadtrip books, so I should get that!! Also Perfect Chemistry is definitely one I've been wanting to read ever since I read Pushing the Limits (bc it seems like it would be similar). Beauty Queens looks fun and I just love the word "adorkable"!!

    Cute blog!! Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the synopsis Pushing the Limits sounds VERY similar to Perfect Chemistry.

      Delete
  10. I love your list! Beauty Queens! I also picked a lot of contemporaries too!

    Happy Reading!
    My 10: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/05/top-ten-tuesday-4-top-ten-books-when.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contemporary is often where you find the most "fun", no paranormal wangst dragging it down.

      Delete
  11. Two of your picks appears on my list too. Beauty Queens sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I almost put BEAUTY QUEENS on my list, but ended up cutting it, so I'm happy to see it made you list!! :) I really want to make time for DRINK, SLAY, LOVE after seeing it on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I nearly put Perfect Chemistry on mine but ran out of room. Can't believe I forgot Bridget Jones's Diary! I guess I read it so long ago that it didn't spring to mind, but that's one hilarious book!

    My TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it awhile ago too, but I have very fond memories ;)

      Delete
  14. I really would like to get my hands on Adorkable. I have Anna on my list, too. I loved Beauty Queens and Drink, Slay, Love, too. Great list!
    Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Adorkable was one of the most enjoyable books I've read in awhile.

      Delete