Friday 15 February 2013

Friday Link Dump: Sylvia Plath, Dreamboats and Gossip Girl


Flavorwire has rounded up a brilliant collection of essays and posts about Sylvia Plath in honour of the anniversary of her death. I really should get around to reading The Bell Jar.

Which '90s dreamboat is your Valentine? I got JTT, not impressed.

Tweetpairing exposes the hypocrisy and idiocy of people on Twitter. Love it.

So this week I found out who Gossip Girl is (yes, I'm a bit behind), and I thought it was the stupidest plot twist ever. Which is why I was happy to discover someone is rewatching the series to point out why it makes absolutely no sense, so I don't have to do it myself (spoilers at the link!).

This gifset from Buzzfeed of things that will make you say "noooooo" is pretty amazing.

Speaking of gifs, there's a new search engine in town, dedicated to these delightful moving image files. Move over Google image, Giphy is here.

8 comments:

  1. I scored Leo! FUN! Very accurate. A "romantic with a serious streak."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I used to love him in his R&J and Titanic days

      Delete
  2. Fun Fact: JTT was probably my first serious boy crush in, like, the 5th grade. At least, until he got his Caesar haircut. When the hair was gone, so was I! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a big JTT fan - I was more into Devon Sawa!

      Delete
  3. I got Mark-Paul Gosselaar, which is great cos I was a huge Zack fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAIT... YOU'VE NOT READ THE BELL JAR?


    Sorry... all the caps for you. Read it. Read it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW. I will read it. As soon as I get my hands on it.

      Delete