1. Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington. I wasn't expecting to like this, but the story drew me in and the characters stayed with me long after I'd finished.
2. Sea Hearts by Margo Lanagan. This was definitely my favourite book of the year. Such a vivid, beautiful read.
3. The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. The third book in the series finally made me see why everyone is so obsessed with it.
4. Dare You To by Katie McGarry. Silly, cheesy, awesome fun.
5. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. A zombie book that's more about humans. Gorgeous.
6. Red Dust Road by Jackie Kay. A wonderful memoir and audiobook narrated by the author herself.
7. Wildlife by Fiona Wood. This is YA perfection.
8. All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry. Unique and riveting.
9. Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I can't believe it took me so long to read this book. I loved it!
10. Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues by Diana Rowland. A totally fun zombie story, done really well as an audiobook.
P. S. I plan to do more 2013 round-up/2014 planning posts tomorrow but for now...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!