Friday 19 October 2012

Friday Link Dump: Game of Thrones Art, Literary Foods and Awkward Moments

 
This typographical Game of Thrones fan art is pretty awesomesauce. Speaking of Game of Thrones... can season three come out already?! I need me some Jon Snow action.

I don't know about you, but whenever I watch or read about a character eating something, it totally makes me want to eat it too (what, just me?). Luckily Quirk Books has compiled a list of some literary foods you can try in real life. I might steer clear of the green eggs and ham though...

I was addicted to Goosebumps as a kid. These days, I'm addicted to TV shows like Dexter, The Walking Dead and American Horror Story. The fact that this post combines those two addictions (in an incredibly clever way) makes me way happier than it should.

So I didn't realise that the dorky guy from NCIS is THACKERY BINX from Hocus Pocus and now I know and my mind is blown. Also, Hocus Pocus is the best movie of all time a great movie.


Watching Law and Order can sometimes feel like playing Where's Wally? with celebrities. Check out this super-cut for just some of the surprise cameos.

I love me some Gossip Girl fashion, so I found this post about the iconic style moments of the show by the Fug Girls super fun. This is the reason I tried to wear headbands for like three weeks in 2008. It was a painful time.

On a more sombre note, this gallery of photos from a psychiatric hospital in the 1930s is quite chilling and heartbreaking. It looks like something straight out of a horror movie.

Back to bright things, I dare you to look through this gallery of the the best wildlife photos of the year and not say, "woah!".

Awkward situations are always funny when they're happening to other people (or, er, animals).

Rose and violet flavoured fairy floss? Yes, please.

6 comments:

  1. I want to try some of those literary foods. The Green Eggs and Ham look nasty but Fried Green Tomatoes are one of my favorite foods and cannot be beat by any other vegetable. Well maybe artichokes in drawn butter, but I digress.

    Hocus Pocus is the SHIT! I knew I liked you for a good reason, Belle!

    Those wildlife photos are stunning. I LOVE nature photography. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had fried geen tomatoes, they sound awesome though! As do artichokes in drawn butter, whatever that is :)

      Delete
  2. I looooooooooooooooooove Hocus Pocus!

    I loove fried green tomatoes.

    21 awkward was hilarious. #1 is from my fav show Wendy Williams. Poor gal!

    I want that lovely floss!
    Rose or Fig for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I wondered what show that was - so awkward!

      Delete
  3. I loved the nature shots!! The tiger one was my fav :D

    I want me some green eggs and ham! NOW -_-

    That list of 21 awkward situations was just BEGGING me to retweet it. hehe


    p.s. Good stuff! Have a lovely weekend, doll :)

    ReplyDelete