Tuesday 3 April 2012

Pash, Pick or Pass: Marchetta's Men


That's right, Pash, Pick or Pass is back! And it's a doozy...


The contenders

-Jonah Griggs from On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, a fiercesome army cadet with a damaged past and a tender heart (le sigh). Played in my head by Liam Hemsworth.



-Tom Mackee from Saving Francesca and The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta. He's a blokey boy who can proudly burp the alphabet, but he also has a sensitive side (hello, muso). Played in my head by Benedict Samuel.


-Jacob Coote from Looking For Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta. Another rough-around-the-edges-but-deep-down-really-sweet guy (they seem to be a MM speciality!), he's a walking contradiction. A totally swoon-worthy one. Played by Kick Gurry in the movie.


My choices

Pash: Jonah. I love his passion. And his hotness. But he's one of those characters that is so obviously meant for another (Taylor) I just couldn't interfere. Much.


Pick: Tom. Maybe it was being in his head for half of The Piper's Son, but I feel more connected to him than the others. Once he gets his shit together I reckon he'd make a pretty decent pick.


Pass: Sorry, Jacob, you were my first MM love, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for you but... you've been eclipsed.

Come on MM fans, you know you want to play! Who would you pash, pick and pass?

14 comments:

  1. I love the word "pash." :)

    Okay, onto serious matters. I mentally cast Liam Hemsworth as Jonah too! I would definitely pash him and pick Tom. I still haven't read Alibrandi. I'm saving my last unread Marchetta for a rainy day.

    Great post, Belle!

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent choices. Great minds think alike ;) I hope you enjoy Alibrandi!

      Delete
  2. I love this Belle. :) I would both Pash AND Pick Jonah and the other two can just exit stage left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I love this feature. I rarely have read what you've read but I always love reading about the contenders and your choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juju! I HIGHLY recommend Marchetta :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I had a mini panic attack when I saw this because I was like !!!! NOOOO.

    I would do exactly the same as you. Sorry Jacob, I'm blaming the soul patch.

    Promise me you'll never do a Lumatere chronicles one. I couldn't choose between Finnikin, Froi or Lucian. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ps. I LOVE your new background. So pretty :)

      Delete
    2. Thank Jo! I haven't read the Lumatere chronicles yet but I can't make any promises for when I do. *maniacal laugh*

      Delete
  5. Jonah and TOM!!!! Yes, my picks are the same as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Contiki Companion,

    Would love to see you write a post on *What you do if you're stuck in a bad book*.

    I'm stuck in a bad one right now and I'm intrigued, do you chuck it away or do you plow right through?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea for a post! I might just take you up on that.
      Psst, what book is it?

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete