Which means it's TGIF at GReads, time to recap the week and answer a question posed by Ginger. This week, she asks: "Book Blogs That Make You Smile: Pick 5 book blogs you visit often & think others should, too." Like most book bloggers, I spend a lot of time reading other book blogs and there are a lot that I really enjoy. But here are five of my faves:
1. ...In The Attic. Megan's recaps of the trashtasticness that is VC Andrews are completely hilarious. Right now she's making her way through the Landry series, one of my faves, and her commentary is spot on. It always makes me Laugh. Out. Loud.
2. The Unread Reader. Missie is one of the nicest bloggers I (virtually) know, she has a great sense of humour that shines through in her reviews and some brilliant features/memes, including (my favourite) My Book Boyfriend. Her blog is such a fun place to visit.
3. Holes In My Brain. Audrey has a really unique, quirky writing style that I love. Her posts never fail to make me smile and I especially appreciate the way she breaks her reviews down and ranks books on things like how they match up to her expectations and their level of put-down-ability.
4. Abbey's Bookshelf. Abbey's interest in photography means her posts are always accompanied by beautiful photos, many of which are her own. Her blog is soooo pretty!
5. Wear The Old Coat. Jo's reviews are incredibly funny, and the way she splits her thoughts into "initial thoughts", "high points", "low points" and so on makes them really easy to read, not to mention extremely entertaining. But one of my favourite things is the way she includes theme tunes for each of the books she reads.
This Week On Belle's Bookshelf
Review: Where Demons Fear To Tread by Stephanie Chong
Mag Monday: Swooning over Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer
Pash, Pick or Pass: The Gatsby Edition
Review: Fear, edited by RL Stine
My Book Boyfriend: Alex Fuentes
Bookish Buys: Jewellery for book nerds