Monday 15 August 2011

Mag Monday: Double Shots of Kristen Stewart and Ryan Gosling

This was me when I saw Kristen Stewart on the cover of the September issue of W (minus the blue fur):


I'm not a massive fan of hers - her acting annoys me, and she's uncomfortable to watch in interviews/on the red carpet - but holy smokin' hotness she looks amazing here. Love it.







Kristen is also on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week with Robert Pattinson, so I guess the hype machine for Breaking Dawn is officially in gear. The cover is obviously a still from the movie, and I have to say it's a bit... blergh. Why does Edward look so scared? This is one of the supposedly hot honeymoon scenes, so why do they look so, well, cold? I know he's a vampire and all, but c'mon!




Although I guess I shouldn't be too picky, it's still better than this:


There are a bunch of new stills inside the mag too, including some cute chess playing and what looks like Bella's "little nudger" moment (*groan*):



But my favourite cover of the week is most definitely Ryan Gosling on Esquire. It is so freaking adorable - even more so because apparently it was his idea. It represents his two selves - the public one, and the real him. The rest of the shoot apparently illustrates recent dreams Ryan has had and his weird obsession with skeletons. The story that goes with it is awesome - I am so incredibly jealous of the journo who interviewed Ryan and got to spend a whole day with him, driving, going on rides at Coney Island and eating candy.






Related: If you haven't seen the Ultimate Ryan Gosling GIF Wall yet, you haven't lived.


18 comments:

  1. Best post EVER. I love that Monsters Inc GIF in response to the Kristen Stewart W cover. My reaction was very much the same! I haven't seen the last two Twilight movies. . . I probably will sometime soon, with my friends back at school, drunk off my ass. That sounds like a good time to me. haha

    Ryan Gosling is just the ultimate. He's so adorable. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THE GIF wall. OMG. This is how I'll waste the rest of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the Monsters Inc GIF. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the Kristen Stewart shoot. That is the first time I have looked at her and thought she is stunning. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more jealous of the skeleton model! Oh to be naked in a room with him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. KStew looks so different and yeah, hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The second pic doesn't even look like her :o. So different but gorgeous!
    I'm with Logan-I want to be the skeleton girl lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Belle! Those pictures are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah I used to like "kstew" (omg wowww) before Twilight (I saw her in Speak) but then around New Moon I just can't be a fan anymore :p
    but RYAN GOSLING I WANT HIS BABIES.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know some people don't like kristen stewart and i feel so uncomfortable for her when she's interviewed but when she is dressed up in pretty dresses she looks amazing. That photoshoot is so so gorgeous.
    And.. Oh Ryan Gosling how i love you so. I saw him in an older movie a few months ago with Sandra Bullock and i was amazed with how great an actor he is. I loved him in The notebook as well and i really want to see Blue valentine on dvd.
    Such a good post Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to agree with you here and I'm not a huge fan of Kristin Stewart either. Not only is she awkward but I feel a total lack of range in her acting ability. She's constantly mumbling and fumbling around on screen and I find it rather irritating, myself. She always plays the same character --- that of herself. However, these shots of her are absolutely stunning! It's very reminiscent of a young Brook Shields.

    And I just adore Ryan Gosling. He is too adorable and one of the more quality actors out there. I love how he tends to take on more complex roles --- it makes him totally versatile! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fan of Kristin Stewart either, but she is gorgeous in those pix. I love the vintage vibe of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pic of Rob and Kirsten in water is hilarious! He looks like he is in pain! haha...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy Crow! How did I not know about the Ultimate Ryan Gosling GIF Wall before?!

    *dies*

    And OMG, KStew is unrecognizable in those pictures. Why oh, why can't they ever get their EW covers correct. Is it really that hard for two good looking people to look good on a cover. Gah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ryan Gosling is gorgeous! Thanks for this.
    And you are right. The Breaking Dawn covers are awful. OMG, what were they thinking?

    I'm a new follower.
    Nimue @ http://mybookishobsessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing such an awsome post. Stewart actually looks hot..who knew?I always thought Stewart had the girl next door thing going on but she looks hot in the pics.
    http://bookgardenreviews.blogspot.com/2011/07/tuesdays-child.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't tell, but after last night, I had to come back an ogle the wall again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL Missie - I have it bookmarked :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're right. Kristen looks amazing in that W spread.

    ReplyDelete