Friday 10 June 2011

Bookish Buys: Holiday Edition

I'm finally getting all the crap awesome stuff I accumulated overseas out of boxes and into their rightful places (well, I'm trying to find places for them, anyway). Turns out I bought a lot more than shoes! Including a bunch of cute stationery and bookish things I thought I'd share...

I nabbed an Alice in Wonderland mug from Urban Outfitters - it's extra awesome because the Cheshire Cat disappears (except his smile) when you fill it with hot water. Then from The Strand, I picked up a tote and these pretty editions of Grimm's Fairy Tales and Heidi - I could have bought SOOO much more from there, but somehow I managed to limit myself.

I went a bit crazy at the New York Public Library and bought these notebooks that look like little leather-bound books, a pen that looks like an old-school quill, and another two pens that look like flowers (complete with a vase!). I'm such a sucker for novelty stationery.

And yes, if you spotted it in the background, that is a Beauty and the Beast figurine. My fiance bought it for me for my birthday at Disneyland (because yes, I'm still a seven-year-old at heart). The rose is a little glittery snowglobe, and it plays "Tale As Old As Time" - soooo sweet.
And of course, I bought Betty Freakin' White's book If You Ask Me - and got it signed by the golden girl herself. Can you tell I'm just a little bit excited?!

10 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I love that mug! Also bought Strand bookstore bag when I was in NYC, and several books. I love that bookshop. Have a great weekend.
    Lindsay

    http://thelittlereaderlibrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your face in that last picture is priceless! I love it:) And what a cool mug, I want one just so I can see everything disappear with hot water! Have a great weekend Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Hope you have a lovely weekend, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    Betty White is a rock star!
    And you got so many awesome things! :) Grimm Bros' Fairy tales are awesome, they have some of my favorite versions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay. Fun bookish stuff! Love the mug, love the Disney figurine, and your face with the book! Haha. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beauty and the Beast figurine is so cool. I want one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex - I love Grimm's Fairy Tales, too, though some are incredibly creepy!

    Jillian - It's like Oprah's ugly cry, but it's ugly happiness, haha. I was very excited.

    Nina - I nearly cried when I saw it I was so excited, isn't that sad? lol

    Kati - It was amazing! Definitely want to go back one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mug is so clever, I want one :D. I like the Grimm Fairy Tales to, they are so good.. Oh, and Betty White is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always turn to Vampire any time I want to. I become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my Town. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete